Journey of Arabica

Journey of


Scroll to begin

There are over 100 coffee species in the world...
But only two are common - Arabica and Robusta.

70% of all coffee produced in the world is Arabica, with the other 30% being Robusta.

There are 7 main types of Arabica species.

Brazil makes 41M 60kg bags of Arabica coffee per year.
That’s about 42% of the world’s total Arabica coffee production!

Continue scrolling to see a visualization of Arabica coffee reviews by the Coffee Quality Institute.


Aroma: the smell of the coffee when infused with hot water
Flavor: coffee's principal character, the "mid-range" notes
Aftertaste: the length of positive flavor (taste and aroma) qualities emanating from the back of the palate
Acidity: contributes to a coffee's liveliness, sweetness, and fresh-fruit character
Body: tactile feeling of the liquid in the mouth
Balance: how well the flavor, aftertaste, acidity, and body complement or contrast each other

Scroll up or down on the graph below to zoom in and out.
Try hovering over each dot and country label.
Select different parameters in the bottom right.